I’m a huge advocate of re-doing PLR to some degree or another before putting it to use BUT..,
When you purchase quality PLR, doing a full re-write is not necessary & if it is then I would say it would not qualify as ‘quality PLR‘.
So here are 11 ways to customize PLR without totally re-writing it (these are NOT in any order or preference).
- Add videos (hint hint). You can create your own videos or you can find relevant videos to embed from, oh I don’t know.., maybe this site. Videos can provide further ideas, opinions or demonstrate a process shown in the written content.
- Use the content as an addition to a product you’ve created from scratch. If you’ve already got a product you’ve created, adding PLR can fill in some gaps and the overall flavor of your content is still completely original.
- Add photos or other images. You can pay for images at places like http://stockphoto.com or you can find free ones at http://morguefile.com and http://www.freeimages.com/. Images help your content stand out and can create a visual reinforcement of what the content is all about.
- Add links. Include useful links to resources, tools and products that your target audience would be most interested in.
- Include charts, graphs and diagrams. Not only does they make your content stand out, but charts, graphs and diagrams can make it easier to understand and digest your content. Just going a little extra mile can make all the difference.
- Create worksheets or checklists to complement the content you publish. If you’ve got a how-to article or report, taking a few minutes to give your readers an extra like a worksheet or a checklist will go a long way.
- Add statistics and facts for further credibility. Look for related facts that you can use in your content. There are a variety of websites that provide statistical information, including many government websites.
- Make your own drawings. If you’ve got an artistic flair, consider making your own drawings to illustrate your content. Art is very personal and gives your readers a real glimpse into who you are.
- Insert your own point of view into the content. This is the easiest and most straightforward thing you can do. Adding your own unique thoughts will allow you to connect with your audience better.
- When it comes to reports, add an introduction and conclusion specifically from you. This can make all the difference when getting your target audience’s attention and showcasing you as an authority in your market.
- Niche it. General content can be adapted to specific niches. For example, an article on weight loss could be altered to target women after pregnancy, diabetics and other groups.
- Add product recommendations. If you have personal experience with products related to the content, include that information. It’s useful to your readers and shows you have experience with the topic.
- Current events and news. Make your content more relevant by using current events to further illustrate a point. Not only is it helpful to your readers, but it also shows you as someone who is aware of what’s going on and what matters.
Just a little more than 11.
Okay so math is not one of my strong points but these are still only some of the possibilities you have at your disposal when it comes to editing your PLR.
In addition to these ideas, you need to remember that with most all PLR products you are not limited to the number of times you can repurpose the same content.
Thanks for reading my post. Please let me know if you have questions, suggestions or comments.
– Steve Dougherty