In Step 1 of Monetizing Your Videos With Advertisements, I introduced you to a powerful, FREE and time saving ad server from Google called DoubleClick aka DFP Small Business.
In Step 2 of Monetizing Your Videos With Advertisements, I’ll..
1.Signup for Google DFP Small Business
2. Adjust the Admin settings
3. Create a new Advertiser (Your name, product name or the name of the company paying you to place ads on your site – This is one of the items in Creating a New Order)
4. Create a Creative (a Creative is basically the video or banner ad that will be placed on the video)
5. Create an Order & Line Item (The Order is the Advertiser or Company paying for the ads & the Line Item is the Campaign. The Line Items or Campaigns contain the Creatives or video ads and banners. Each Order can contain as many Line Items as you want and each Line Item can contain as many Creatives as you like)
6. Add Creative to the Line Item (You can assign as many creatives to a Line Item as you want)
7. Create an Ad Unit (The Ad Unit contains the Line Item & Creative as well as defines where on your site the ads are displayed. For our demo, it will just contain the Line Item & Creative)
8. Generate Code to Place in the Video Player
Here is a video that covers all 8 of the above mentioned steps. This video is broken into chapters or sections so you can quickly access individual items if need be.
Just hover your mouse over the player and the chapters will appear on the left and disappear when you move off the player. You can click on the icon in the lower right corner for full-screen mode.
There were three steps in this mini-tutorial but the video player covered in step 3 is no longer available so I’ve cut it back to just these 2 steps.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about monetizing your video content. If you have questions or comments, please let me know by posting in the comments section below.